Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Colson Whitehead's The Underground Railroad


So I've been telling everyone I can that this book was gonna be the special book this fall. I was waiting patiently for the release in early September, even getting my local indy store to put a hold on it for me.

And surprise!!!

Today, Oprah Winfrey, whose opinions about literature have influenced huge numbers of readers and given exposure to many authors, announced that the next book for her Book Club was Colson Whitehead's The Underground Railroad.

So here is a challenge my bookish friends. Lets read it together. Get out to your local bookstore, library, or ebook store and get yourself a copy.

I look forward to hearing what folks think and having conversations with anyone who takes up my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment